View single post by rrhrjs
 Posted: Thu Jun 15th, 2006 12:21 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
rrhrjs

Mana: 

I was born in 1958, Brazil Ind., but spent most of my youth in Des Moines  and went to school in Missouri before moving to CT in 1980, where I've been since. Growing up,  I didn't pay much attention to the Civil War. I started developing more interest in my early 20s, but the passion really took off when I visited my husband on a job in Alabama in 1991. We drove to Shiloh, and I have been hooked ever since. We have visited many battlefields, etc. over the years -- Antietam, Harper's Ferry, Kennesaw, Manssas, Gettysburg, the Wilderness, Fredericksburg, Chancellorsville, Spotsylvania, Pea Ridge, Wilson's Creek, Carthage, Fort Donelson, Stone's River, Appamattox, Chickamauga. I can't get enough of the stuff. I don't know what the pull is, it is such a rush. I also have this thing for visiting graves of Civil War generals, don't ask me why. My dual hobby is genealogy and finding out that my great-great grandfather served in the Union Army also influences my interest. When we're not visiting sites,  I read CW books -- currently on E.P. Alexander's Recollections.  

Close Window