View single post by Bama46
 Posted: Thu May 22nd, 2008 01:59 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Bama46
$user_title

Mana: 

I just returned from Baldwin County Alabama for the celebration over the return of the Ft. Blakeley Garrison Flag. I worked for some time to get the flag returned and was determined to be there for the celebration...'twas magnificient. It was taken on April 9, 1865, (quick, what else happened that day?) and is back in Alabama for the first time since then. Then to Sumpter County to visit a cemetery where I have about 5 generations in residence and a chance to tour the house my grandmother grew up in ..house built circa 1830.. then to Florence to spend the night with family there and a quick visit to soldier's rest to look for Renee's ancestor, then home ...1750 miles in 5 days by myself in a Ford Expedition... cost mega bucks for gas..

I leave for a week at Gettysburg, Antietam, Harpers Ferry, etc in a week, but will have 3 friend s to share gas...taking my Expedition again because it is big, roomy and a comfortable car to travel in..
I saved for a year to take these trips and would not miss them for the world...

In late July will go to San Diego for a business convention, but that is business stuff and doesn't count..
Ed

Last edited on Thu May 22nd, 2008 02:03 am by

Close Window