View single post by izzy
 Posted: Tue Jun 3rd, 2008 05:14 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
izzy

Mana: 

Hello Devils Den,

I am from the Pittsburgh PA area.  Actually about an hour east in the Laurel Mountains.  I will be visiting family in PA in August. I don't know if I will have the energy to go battlefield trekking, too.  Every time I go home, I am obligated to go visit every single person I ever knew there.  It's exhausting.  I usually go up through WVA rather than take I-81 all the way north to PA.  I find it is better to keep family reunion trips separate from battlefield trips.  I don't have the energy to do both.

I've been to Gettysburg a couple of times.  My CW Roundtable took a trip up there a few years ago.  It is always an interesting battlefield as well as one of the most beautiful to visit.  Except for that trip to Gettysburg, our Roundtable has been concentrating on the Western Theater.  I still have not been to Fredericksburg or Richmond, etc, and have not toured any of the Overland Campaign yet.  Next spring our Roundtable is planning to do the Seven Days Battles.  It seems odd that I have essentially started studying the war from the west to the east.

Thanks for the heads up on the Gettysburg reenactment this July.  Unfortunately I need to stay home for a couple of months and tend to projects here.  I will keep the reenactment in mind for future trips.

Izzy

Close Window