View single post by Johan Steele
 Posted: Fri Jun 13th, 2008 01:01 pm
 Full Topic 
Johan Steele
Life NRA,SUVCW # 48,Legion 352

Mana: 

Bama, I see often the title Saint Abraham, not usually from people on the historical accuracy side of the aisle. I can't think of anyone on this site, or any I frequent for that matter, who would saint Abe Lincoln. I certainly wouldn't and I doubt Ole would either.

Those on the Lew Rockwell site, like Dilorenzo and others couldn't research the way out of a wet bag. Instead they make up things on the fly that make history fit their agenda. I can't say as I've seen anything from the Lew Rockwell site w/out an anti-US agenda. Yes, I said anti-US as that is what I meant. There is a modern political bend to the site; and pride in this country, her military, her people and her open society have nothing to do with it. Instead what I see consistently is shrill & bitter hatred for everything US that extends from the ACW to the modern era.

Because of my experiance looking around that site, tracking back info and sometimes the people who post it I've long ago given up on the Lew Rockwell site. It's too full of distortion and outright dishonesty for my taste. I admit dismay when people I know to be intelligent get snagged by the writings on the site, and I feel worse when they start citing garbage from there believing it to be legitimate honest research.

I don't know Gail Jarvis's essay and doubt I'll read it. What little time I have on the net is too precious to read something I suspect will just be thinly veiled anti US crap.

Close Window