View single post by javal1
 Posted: Mon Jul 3rd, 2006 08:42 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

LOL - understand the feeling Michael. You were right about their right to do it, and I don't blame the parks at all. They're stuck between a rock and a hard place. At Antietam, I was worried about a large counter-demonstration due to the burden on the rangers. And even so the KKK still looked like fools, outnumbered 200 to 30.

Here's what I'd like to see happen at G-burg: I'd like to see thousands of counter-protesters (after all, if the klan looks silly at 200-30, imagine 3,000 - 30). However I would add this caveat - every counter-protester should do two things:

1) Bring an extra bottle or two of nice cold water to hand out to the rangers and law enforcement folks who are forced to be there to keep order. Give them a smile, some water, and a thank you.

2) All counter-demonstrators should commit to staying an hour longer after the klan leaves to serve as volunteers to help park staff clean up any mess that may be made by the event. Why not turn a negative into a positive?

They have a right to march - I have a right to call them ignorant, gutless cowards (and our address is on every page of our website! :shock: ).

Close Window