View single post by 5fish
 Posted: Fri Aug 22nd, 2008 11:07 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
5fish

Mana: 

Bama46 wrote: It has been said that the 2nd amendment is not about duck hunting.  Was reconstruction about rebuilding Atlanta, Decatur, Meridian, Jackson or other southern towns?.. or was it something else?

Look at the CSA from the end of the war until today... we were conquered, beaten into submission, required to rejoin a nation that said we never left, disenfranchised (sp.. Thank you Gen Jackson!) suffered under military rule... the only section of the country that ever was, and I believe have not gotten over it yet, and have never been allowed to .

I have spent my life listening to people telling me i should get over the war.. I tell them we got over the war years ago, but we will never get over reconstruction

What think you?

Ed

Bama,

Reconstruction horrors are nonthing but fallacy. At the end of Reconstruction, the Southern states were all under the control of X-confederates and the Freedman labour was back under white control.

These vile names Carpetbaggers, Scalawgs and Radicals are all vile names to label the people who were trying to bring progressive change to the south but were crushed the the enbitted whites of the redeemer movement.

Close Window