View single post by Dixie Girl
 Posted: Mon Aug 25th, 2008 01:56 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

CleburneFan wrote: Very sad poem. People just don't think and end up doing such careless and irresponsible things.

thas what i was thinking when i posted this.....people dont think and then there are horrible consequinces to be paid.....while i have never know anybody personally that has been killed by a drunk driver i do have friends that have had siblings and other relatives killed as a result of this......

in 2005 two of my second cousins were in a crash...one was 15 and the other was 16, they were gonna turn into a Food Lion but she didnt look before she turned and  a transfer truck hit em head on...it ran completely on top of the car and killed the 15 year old instantly....the hot water dripping from the radiator burned the other girl very bad...she had third degree burns all over her body and numerous broken bones...she had to have tons of skin grafts and a few of her bones replaced....she is now doing fine but lived every day with the thought that if she'd only looked before turning her best friend wouldnt be dead.