View single post by Shadowrebel
 Posted: Sat Jul 8th, 2006 09:24 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Shadowrebel

Mana: 

Nice try but please use what is on LewRockwell complete not just sections.

Should one also overlook Lincoln’s destruction of the rule of law in "loyal" Maryland? When Maryland voiced its support for the CSA and appeared itself ready to secede, Lincoln arrested 31 Maryland legislators, the mayor of Baltimore (the nation’s 3rd largest city at the time), and a US Congressman from Maryland, as well as numerous editors and publishers.

Not only did Lincoln imprison two US Congressmen, he also wrote out an arrest warrant for the Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court, Roger Taney, after Taney wrote the opinion in Ex Parte Merryman (1861) rebuking Lincoln’s illegitimate suspension of habeas corpus (see Charles Adams, p 46-53). John Marshall, whose opinion in Marbury v. Madison (1803) famously declared that "It is emphatically the province and duty of the judicial department to say what the law is," also wrote the opinion in Ex Parte Bollman and Swartwout (1807) declaring that suspension of habeas corpus was a power vested only in the Congress. Lincoln simply ignored the law. Additionally, US Army troops refused to release Merryman into the custody of a federal marshal sent by Taney pursuant to the court order that Merryman be freed.

Not the way it was in my post as I took it directly form the Charles Adams and the Mark Neeley books as noted in my post. You contend I wrote my post as my own words, you will note I give full credit to the authors of the books they came from as I apparently Mr. Dieteman did. The rest of my post give the websites the information is from. I never claimed credit for the information or to be the souce of the information. You can find that information in that form of several other websites.

Do you dispute any of the historical facts of the post? If you dispute the facts please state why.

Shadowrebel

Close Window