View single post by CleburneFan
 Posted: Tue Sep 9th, 2008 01:31 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
CleburneFan

Mana: 

The book I have staring me in the face right beside this computer is The Bloody Crucible of Courage: Fighting Methods and Combat Experience of the Civil War by Brent Nosworthy. It is 730 pages long, but at least the print is a reasonable size. It won't kill my eyes to read it. As much as I enjoyed One Continuous Fight, the print was so danged small and pale that it actually hurt to read more than a few pages at a time.

I have several books, as do many of you, that I intend to read, but a new one comes along and for whatever reason seems more compelling at the moment. One I keep pushing back is This Horrid Pit about the Battle of the Crater, a battle I find perplexing in the incredibly bone-headed way it was conducted by Union forces. For some reason, not a logical one, I enjoy reading about battles and campaigns at the time of year they actually took place so maybe I'll get fired up to read "This Horrid Pit" next summer.

I have just completed the excellent General Lee's Army from Victory to Collapse by Joseph Glatthaar. I highly recommend the book to those interested in the Army of Northern Virginia.

Last edited on Tue Sep 9th, 2008 01:34 pm by CleburneFan

Close Window