View single post by Captain Crow
 Posted: Thu Sep 25th, 2008 12:06 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Captain Crow
Proud Southerner

Mana: 

Bama46 wrote: Port Hudson, Port Gibson, Grand Gulf and Natchez are all part of going to Vicksburg so far as I am concerned
As is driving the Trace... interesting, I am not that interested in that part of the Trace that goes thru NW Alabama, but the section around Natchez if georgeous

for those who don't know, the Trace is the Nachez Trace, a series of animal paths, Indian trails, and now a road that goes generally from Natchez Mississippi to Nashville, Tn. The trace can trace its roots to the mid 1700's.
Today the trace is a 2 lane blacktop, with no commerical ads allowed, no commercial vehicles allowed, and a 50 mph speed limit. Rest stops are placed at the approximate locations they were historically.. it is a cool drive
for sure Bama! I did the Trace from Port Gibson to Raymond on my recent trip. It was very nice...but that 50mph things gotta go! Although it did give my boots the chance to dry out after sloshing around in the wet mushy grass at Grand Gulf. I love Shiloh/Corinth as well...I plan to return there within the next couple of years.

Close Window