View single post by indy19th
 Posted: Wed Jul 26th, 2006 05:02 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
indy19th
$user_title

Mana: 

VirtualCivilWar wrote: Indy,

Thank you very much for the compliments.  As for where did I get them, 99.9% of them were though the Library of Congress' website.  The other ones I got through the National Archive's website.  Yes the photographs are public domain, although technically I own the copyright to the adjustments done to the photographs.  I posted them though so people can enjoy them, and I don't have a problem with you downloading them.

I love the Trinity Church one too, I saw that one day walking around DC, there are history signs showing "From Civil War to Civil Rights" and it has that photo on it.  I searched for quite a while until I found the shot.  I love that one.

Also, since you love the yesterday and today theme, have you seen what I did with that theme in my book?  Check out my book if you get the chance, http://www.ghostsofthefield.com  I think you'll like that too!

Thanks again for the compliments, I really do appreciate it!

Mike

http://www.virtualcivilwar.com

I have to say that from what I can tell, that's one of the coolest books I've seen. I just added it to my wish list at amazon.com. I have no idea how you "mutated" the then with the now. I see that all three reviewers gave you 5 stars. I'm going to post your link at every message board I visit.

I've been to the LOC website. Do you have the National Achives' site handy? Maybe we can help each other. (Though you'll probably be of more help to me, than vice versa.) I've got a list of black and whites that weren't available at the LOC site.  One example is the Innis House at Fredericksburg. What I need are High-res, like the ones at the LOC, that are at least 200 KB large. Some sites charge $30-35 bucks each for use of their pictures. Unless I'm really desperate, I'm not going to pay that much for one photo.

One final note. Are the folks at Antietam ever going to bury those power lines in front of the Dunker Church? I had heard they were going to for years. I know it costs money, but even if they do just that one place on the battlefield, it will make a big difference.

Close Window