View single post by Captain Crow
 Posted: Sat Nov 8th, 2008 04:22 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Captain Crow
Proud Southerner

Mana: 

I work with a guy from Kenya and his "comfort " food is welllll.......

Goat...roasted goat...and not just meat...heart, lungs, trachea, liver, intestines, brains, eyes....pretty much everything but the skin and bones.
Oh and of course one must have barbecue sauce right? welll.... in his country that is a mixture of bile and blood:shock:

And as a side dish we get clabbered milk with goat's blood=+-

And as if that wasn't yummy enough...part of the ritual involves killing the goat yourself via a technique I'll simply refer to as chinning the goat with a knife)(90

in fact he told us that once when he and his cousin first came to the U.S. they had the cops called on them for trying to slaughter a goat in their apartment bathtub...it seems the neighbors heard all commotion and thought something awful was occurring next door...a suspicion that was not allayed when my friend answered the door covered in blood and wearing only his boxer shorts:cool:...needless to say it took a bit of explaining to convince the police that they were not having a voodoo ritual or some such. This took place in a small town in Kansas....he had to move soon after that.)__

Close Window