View single post by pamc153PA
 Posted: Sat Nov 8th, 2008 11:33 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
pamc153PA

Mana: 

Doc,

Based on what a LBG friend of mine has told me, that list of "places every guide should know" was created by the guides themselves on several inebriated occasions, so I don't know how much of it might be on the test. . .

He did tell me that when he took and passed the test about 11 years ago, one of the questions asked about women's roles in the battle. He said he felt really lucky because just the week before he'd picked up a (believe it or not) kids book on just that subject, read it, and used what he remembered on that question. He said everybody else wrote about how they nursed the wounded and rolled bandages, but he was able to talk about the U.S. Sanitary Commission's role and Elizabeth Thorne's role, etc. Don't know if there'll be anything on on this one like that, but sometimes simple kids books tell you the straight-forward facts, which might just help.

He also told me, know your Coddington, reread your Pfanz, and know artillery inside and out.

My friend has been bugging be to take the guide test, too, but I don't think (no, I know) I'm not ready yet. His view is what do I have to lose, try it and see. I know I have some major studying to do!

Good luck to you!

Pam

Close Window