View single post by pamc153PA
 Posted: Tue Nov 11th, 2008 12:17 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
pamc153PA

Mana: 

We haven't talked about books lately, and though I know everyone one here HATES that subject (ha!:D), I thought I'd bring it up.

Whatcha reading lately that might be worth sharing? Could be CW related or not. Do we read anything NOT about the Civil War??

I just finished a fine first novel by Steph Penney called "The Tenderness of Wolves," a mystery that takes place in Canada's fur trading territories in the late 1860s. Good strong characters, a couple good twists to the mystery. One of those you hate to see end but at the same time you want to end so you can find out what happens.

Humorous note: we have Reading Workshop each Monday in my classes where we spend all class--gasp!--reading silently and/or discussing what we're reading. That means--I suppose we all have to sacrifice something in our lives--I HAVE to read all period for five periods in a row.

Anyway, I'm reading "Nothing but Victory" at school, and one of my students looked at the cover today thoughtfully, and then said, "Dude, isn't that a football book? Do you like football?"

Pam

Close Window