View single post by CleburneFan
 Posted: Sun Nov 16th, 2008 11:36 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
CleburneFan

Mana: 

The best stuffing I have ever eaten was a rice stuffing. As I recall it had chopped pecans in it too. It was so yummy, but Hubby is a traditionalisrt, so his stuffing has to be a bread-based stuffing. I do like cornbread stuffing too, but Hubby has to follow Indiana tradition.  

As for sides, again tradition. My mom always made a Waldorf salad, but I don't have the energy to make a style of salad few in my family will eat. Yet, every Thanksgiving I miss her Waldorf salad.

I have to have Ocean Spray cranberry sauce...no other kind. I also love my mom's sweet potato casserole with marshmellows which I make every year.  I also love corn casserole.  My son's fiance makes her special green bean casserole and she does the gravy because she is very good at that. My son mashes the potatoes. Hubby insists that they be garlic-mashed potatoes, a definite dpearture from Indiana tradition.

Our family favorite Turkey Day desserts include apple-crisp with ice cream and some version of pumpkin pie but I am partial to pumpkin cheesecake. Hubby loves pecan pie--too rich for me.

By the way, I don't even like turkey, so all I eat are the side dishes.

Close Window