|Stuffing is always a problem for me because I despise onions. No one (including my late mother and several wives) has been willing to leave onion out of their stuffing. So I have, for the last 10 years or so, done a fruit stuffing. I know it sounds horrible to traditionalists, but it's really very good....
I've also tried oyster stuffing, but found I just don't like oysters that much.
- 6 cups soft stale-bread crumbs
- 2 cups diced peeled apples
- 1 cup diced peeled orange sections
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or other nuts
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted