View single post by j harold 587
 Posted: Tue Dec 2nd, 2008 12:39 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
j harold 587

Mana: 

While the children were home we got balled trees and then replanted them since we live in a woods there was always a place to put a blue spruce. Now we have multiple fakes. They look a lot like Charlie Brown's tree, but allow the ornaments to display well. My wife collects Pipka Santas. Pipka is an artisan who designs themed Sanas based on countries, regions, occupations or traditions. We have a 4 footer on the hearth with the majority of her collection. There is a three footer in my Civil war room with patriotic ornaments, drummerboys, patchwork quilt ornaments, carpenter Santa(I work wood) and yes virginia there is a Santa Pipkas (from FDR's letter to a little girl), and ornaments from Civil War sites we have visited. We also have a 3 footer in the bay window with reindeer Santas and snowmen more geared to grand children. We have a Jim Shore Nativity which is displayed year round, but moves around the house. There is always a fresh wreath on the front door. This year we were able to take all four grandchildren to a local still functioning grist mill/ resturant which does a fantastic light display minature village with "o" guage railroad, working drive in theater, of course Santa and two teams of full size reindeer one on the roof top which moves, with a live Santa who does go down the chimney. We took our kids there for many years. We enjoy Christmas at our house!  

Close Window