View single post by pamc153PA
 Posted: Tue Dec 2nd, 2008 11:22 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
pamc153PA

Mana: 

We always do a real tree, though if any of my family had allergies, I'd feel differently. I love the smell of pine in the house. I considered having a live balled tree to plant afterwards, but we don't have a big yard to plant it in. And, anyway, having been a forestry major in college (before I switched to English ed), I know that the Christmas trees being cut are planted just for that purpose (so are most of the trees cut for paper mills to make paper--hardly any old growth trees are cut for that purpose, it's almost all tree plantations for pulp trees--FYI), so I don't feel obligated to save the trees in that way.

As for presents, when I was a kid, we went to my grandparents' house Christmas Eve, had a big ham dinner, and opened our presents from them afterward. On Christmas morning, we would open our gifts from Santa and our parents.

Now, for my son, we open the presents from us after we go to Christmas Eve service (the afternoon version). On Christmas morning, he opens his gifts from Santa and his stocking, and then later that day we go to both sets of grandparents to open presents from them.

And then we come home and collapse!

Pam

Close Window