View single post by susansweet
 Posted: Fri Dec 5th, 2008 11:21 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
susansweet

Mana: 

Pam  I live in the greater Los Angeles Area.  For years I have done the 50 cent tour of L.A. with friends.  I take them around Los Angeles County without getting on any freeways which is not easy trust me.  I drive up the coast to Long Beach .  Across the two bridges to San Pedro around the Palos Verdes to the west facing beaches all the way up to Santa Monica and Malibu.  Then turn inland at Sunset Blvd.  Take Sunset all the way up to the Plaza and Olvero st.  The original street in the Pueblo of Los Angeles.   30 or more years ago I would have contnued on surface streets but it isn't safe to do that anymore.  I would then take them around downtown Los Angeles , back to the freeway and home. 

Might hit Griffith Park, visit the Autry Museum and the zoo.  See the LaBrea Tarpits, and Farmer's Market although it has changed in recent years.   

Other places are historical sites Dominguez Rancho adobe, Drum Barracks, Catalina Island , up to San Fernado Mission or more to my liking down south of me San Juan Capistrano Mission.  

Then of course Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm, or save money and just walk out on the Huntington Beach Pier and watch the surfers .  Have dinner at Ruby's diner at the end of the Pier. 

Susan

Close Window