View single post by naakke
 Posted: Wed Aug 16th, 2006 01:48 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
naakke

Mana: 

William and Thomas Harris joined Ward's Tennessee Cavalry in 1862.  I have seen the original muster sheets for the brothers.  Their father had fought in Coffee's Regiment in the War of 1812.  They were  all from Obion County, TN in the NW corner of the state.  They were both captured in 1863 on Morgan's raid.  Ward's Regiment is also known as the 9th Ten. Cav and the 15th Ten. Cav.  Depends on who is refering to it.  Union records dealt with it differently than the CSA.  I have copies of their Camp Douglas prisoner of war records then their transfer to Lookout Point Maryland.  After the war, William Harris got married and had a daughter named Lucy Pearl.  She had a daughter named Laura May who married a man by the name of Good.  Their daughter was my grandmother.  My great-grandmother, Laura May died two years ago at the age of 95 I believe.  She loved her family history and traced the Harris family line back to Sir William Harris who landed in Jamestown in 1616.  There are about 8 William's in that family line.

Close Window