View single post by sunnylady408
 Posted: Mon Mar 2nd, 2009 01:39 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
sunnylady408
Lady Reenactor

Mana: 

My daughter had a experience at the Prairie Grove Battlefield last year when she went on a walk with the captain of our unit and his wife. She was standing by a tree, dressed out in her camp dress, and nobody was near her. She says that she felt a hand on her shoulder. As she was running to me at the doghouse she said it happened again but that time she felt two hands on her. We just had the reenactment there in December and I took pictures of our company Christmas party and the dance in the Latta Barn. In some of the pictures there are orbs, in most just a one or two but the picture I have of Christina there are lots around her. She was not feeling well and she says they were there to protect her and enjoy the music. Since this time she sees more and more of the spirits (if that is what you want to call them) whenever we go to Prairie Grove. We will be at Pea Ridge Military Park this weekend for the 147th anniversary living history. She is already wondering if she will have the same experience there as well.
I never really believed in such things until then. I could tell by the look on her face that she was telling me the truth. Christina is 14 yrs old and way to old to make something like this up. She gets nervous when you mention another walk at night around the battlefields.

There are some that believe and some that do not believe. We all have our own opinions on this subject. I, for one, feel like that since these men died in such drastic and horrible fashion that their spirits are still on the fields they died on. Remember these men did not get to die in the arms of their loved ones as they would of liked to.

Just my opinion from a mothers view.