View single post by MAubrecht
 Posted: Fri Aug 25th, 2006 04:54 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
MAubrecht

Mana: 

I agree Hank. His heart may be in the right place, as well as his outrage, but his "professionalism" may be perceived as suspect when he can't even quote correct data in his argument. Not good for a lawyer who gets paid to present the facts. The point remains that there is a huge hypocrisy that exists in our country where groups (on both sides of virtually every issue that confronts us) demand it's own right to assemble and speak, while at the same time, they do not want the other side to have their equal say. I have been asked time and time again that how could the Confederate Government consider itself fully-justified in it's fight for independence, while at the same time, it denied others that very same freedom. It's impossible not to acknowledge that. This (to me) is similar as I stand by the philosophy that whether one agrees or disagrees with a message or a cause - you have to allow them their Constitutional freedoms. Now where they assemble is another story, and I understand the notion of protest here.

Close Window