|View single post by slowtrot|
|Posted: Wed Apr 8th, 2009 12:24 am||
|Here's my idea of the plan. Am interested in your differences:
1) Hooker to hold Bridgeport, maintain the cracker line and the right of the US line.
2) Sherman arrives, providing the US numerical superiority (60K to 50K), he marches behind Thomas to the left flank.
3) Hooker moves around the shoulder of lookout mountain and advances the US right flank.
4) Sherman prepares to cross the river
5) Hooker and Sherman attack the respective CS flanks
6) Thomas maintain the center and prepare to exploit any advantage.
I gave you the orders as written by Grant. What is this about?