View single post by ginnie61
 Posted: Thu Apr 9th, 2009 01:24 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
ginnie61

Mana: 

I AGREE W/ THE STATEMENT THAT ALOT OF WHAT YOU LEARN,SAY IN SCHOOL,IS USUALLY COMPLETELY WRONG FROM ACTUAL FACT.WHICH I FIND DISGRACEFUL!I HAVE FOUND THAT IN GENERAL YOU HAVE TO READ ALOT TO FIND ANY TRUTH AND UNDERSTANDING.TO TNEN PUT ALL THE INFO TOGETHER YOURSELF.THE OLD SAYING"MIGHT MAKES RIGHT"ORTHE VICTOR WRITES THE FINAL HISTORY"FITS PERFECTLY TO THIS PERTICULAR WAR IN GENERAL.AS TO STONEWALL.WELL,THERES ALOT TO BE SAID OF THE MAN.LEE NEEDED MORE STONEWLLS UNDER HIS COMMAND.HE WAS A PERFECT SOLDIER.BY HIMSELF AND UNDER DIRECT COMMAND OF LEE.NO OTHER CAN COMPARE IN THAT RESPECT.IF ONE LOOKS HARD ENOUGH THEY WILL FIND THAT HE WAS NOT A HYPROCONDRIACT.WAS SECRET WITH HIS PLANS DUE TO FRUSTATION W/SUBORDINATES NOT FOLLOWING ORDERS AND THEREFOR NOT GETTING THE JOB DONE.HE EARNED THE CREDIT HE RECIEVED,ALONG W/HIS MEN.I BELIEVE THAT BETWEEN JACKSON AND LEE GETTYSBURG WOULD HAVE BEEN A VICTORY AS IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN IF LEES GENERALS WOULD HAVE FOLLOWED ORDERS AS HE DID.COMPLETELY,W/O QUESTION,TO THIER UTMOST CAPABILITY.HE WAS UNIQUE TO SAY THE LEAST.COMMITED.WHAT ELSE YOU WANT TO KNOW?

Close Window