View single post by The Iron Duke
 Posted: Mon Apr 20th, 2009 05:13 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
The Iron Duke

Mana: 

I thought I mentioned two books.  Did you look at them?  I thought it was in both 

I gave two cites.  One had a page # because I had the book at hand the other was in another room.  I believed the statment was in both books.  If he really wanted both statements then yes, he could look thru the multipaged book.  The other book gave the cite.  Since the subject was Logans opinions of why Grant was getting headlines and Shermans problems.  However he wanted to play a gotchagame game because I assume he knew  that the first book did not have the passage.

I have read Castel's book 3 times cover to cover but I don't remember the Logan quote.  That's why I was looking for a page number so I could look it up.  I don't see why that is such a hard thing to ask for when you are the one making the claims.

I stated on the web site that “Some” see parallels to Frederick the Great.  I don’t see what kind of explanation you need unless you want a definition of “SOME.”  Here’s one definition:  “An indefinite or unspecified number or portion.”  I remembered the comparison from something I read a while ago.

I also included a comparison of the Battle of Nashville being compared to some of Frederick the greats that I used on by web site.  He apparently misread it.  The cite said "Some" think the battle of Nashville is comparable . . ..  Now, in that context the statement is inclusive of a number of people thinking something similar.  I remember reading it and included it on my site.  Now he's nit picking statements on my web site and telling me to defend them here?

The explanation I'm looking for is quite simple.  You state on your website that Thomas' victory at Nashville has parallels with Frederick the Great. 

In what way are there similarities?  Leadership style?  Tactics?  Specific battlefield victories? 

That's what I'm looking for.