View single post by slowtrot
 Posted: Sun May 17th, 2009 11:40 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
slowtrot

Mana: 

Berrydancer said:

No, the purpose of my question is to ascertain what Logan said. I do not have access to either work referenced. Since you keep referencing Logan, I assumed that you had the quote. I've googled every combination of Logan, Grant, Sherman, Jealous, and Butchery that I can and come up with no hits. 

Funny!  In my post, I left you with several statements that should have incited some discussion.  But the only thing that tested your curiosity was the fact that I didn’t offer cites for an obscure reference that claimed the reason for Sherman’s irrational attack uphill on an entrenched enemy position was a jealousy of Grant’s publicity.  You didn’t give a fig about my statements of Sherman’s mental disabilities.  Or the fact that I claimed Sherman perverted Thomas’ plans for trapping Johnston in Dalton.  Or that the perversion was against all normal military rationale.  E.g. Your diversion is not 80% of your entire Army.  It is usually the reverse.  Am I to believe that you are in entire accord with my statements?  That’ll be a first.  But I did come across a cite regarding Logan’s statement in Lloyd Lewis, “Sherman, Fighting Prophet,” University of Nebraska Press, Lincoln and London, p. 375.

You also didn’t respond to my assertion that your accusation of my “Ad Hominem” was incorrect. 

No, the purpose of my question is to ascertain what Logan said. I do not have access to either work referenced. Since you keep referencing Logan,  

I believe I referenced Logan once on post #22.
I assumed that you had the quote. I've googled every combination of Logan, Grant, Sherman, Jealous, and Butchery that I can and come up with no hits.

You've been asked repeatedly to provide information, but instead of doing so, you accuse the people asking of playing games, presumably with the intent to catch you in a lie. I can only image the tongue lashing I would have gotten from one of my professors if, when asked to provide a reference or information, I instead told them to go look it up and to stop trying to play gotcha! 

I’ve provided information, I haven’t cited all of them tho.  Is that a requirement of this board?  If so I’ll expect your next post to be properly cited.
Perhaps Logan did say something to the effect we have been discussing. I don't know anything about the man, which is why I asked for more info. You are apparently either unable or unwilling to provide it. I'm not trying to play any games, I'm genuinely curious.

You've been asked repeatedly to provide information, but instead of doing so, you accuse the people asking of playing games, presumably with the intent to catch you in a lie. I can only image the tongue lashing I would have gotten from one of my professors if, when asked to provide a reference or information, I instead told them to go look it up and to stop trying to play gotcha! 

I’ve provided some information when asked.  I added cites to two web sites and was ridiculed by one on post #4.  Insulted on # 20, told that pointing to web sites was improper #21.

Isn’t supplying a web address as adequate as giving a book citation?  The requester would have to go to the book for the info, why not the web if the info is there?

Slowtrot

Close Window