View single post by amhistoryguy
 Posted: Wed Oct 5th, 2005 07:28 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
amhistoryguy
Member


Joined: Wed Sep 7th, 2005
Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Posts: 35
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 

  back to top

The lands ceded to the McMullen colony were between the towns of Periube and Connceicao - nearly 500 square miles.
It was later groups of emigrants, led by Charles Nathan, Ballard Dunn, George Barnsley and others, who joined Americans at a place known then as Santa Barbra,in a district of San Palo. In 1904 it was determined that the name of the district should be changed to reflect the original settlers. Santa Barbara was re-named Distrito de Paz de Vila Americana - or simply Americana.

So to answer the question asked, no, the McMullan colony was not the colony known as Americana, although some members of the McMullan colony did move into that colony.
Americana, in San Palo, was founded after the McMullan colony.

Regards, Dave Gorski

 Close Window