View single post by javal1
 Posted: Tue May 26th, 2009 04:27 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

First of all the problem is RSS feeds, not e-mails. If it were e-mails, they could control which topics they get notification mails for. They can't do that with RSS feeds (as far as I know). There's several problems:

1) It isn't an occasional Current Affairs topic posted vs. a majority of Civil War posts. There's weeks where CA posts outnumber Civil War posts 75%-25%. That isn't what many members signed up for.

2) Frankly, I haven't seen all that much of a quest for honest back-and-forth in the CA topics. What we're seeing is statements.

3) What it boils down to is I'm the one who has to spend my time not only moderating it, but answering e-mails from people not happy with it. It's great to say "that shouldn't bother them", but my job is to consider everyone's opinion when possible. Remember, I'm the one that created the CA afairs topics - no one asked me to, so I doubt my goal is to make people walk on egg shells.

I'll put it up to the membership of the board as a whole later today through a poll. If the majority want a Current Affairs topic(s), I'll return it. But if I see this is becoming more of a political board than a Civil War board, I'll do what I have to do.

Close Window