View single post by ole
 Posted: Thu Jun 4th, 2009 02:00 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
ole

Mana: 

Tools of the debbil. Hmmmm. I don't know that I'd go there, but I do find that interesting. I do the grocery shopping for this family. Dear One still works, so she ought not to have to wrestle with all that crap while I do nothing.

Do I have to ask her what I ought to buy or fix for dinner? I have a cell phone if I need to reach her when I'm on the road. And she has one if I'm tying up the line on the computer. But I see, in the grocery store, people with a phone stuck in their ear.

What could be so freaking important that you have to call someone from the grocery store?

Will be going to Bardstown in a few weeks for a few days. Will have to find that cell phone and make sure it's charged up because she's going to want to know where I am and what I'm up to. Like she just got back from a cruise and called me every day to let me know how much fun she was having without me. Therein is the value of a cell phone. But I don't have to ask her what she would like for dinner. We settle that face to face.

Close Window