View single post by Wordpix John
 Posted: Fri Jun 26th, 2009 07:19 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Wordpix John

Joined: Thu Apr 30th, 2009
Posts: 6

  back to top

Good News: Uncle Sam has a bailout program for you! He bailed me out earlier this summer. You can get a tax credit of up to $1,500 of the total installed cost IF you buy a qualifying high-efficiency unit. For split-system ACs, the minimum qualifying efficiency is 16 SEER & 13 EER. It's lower for split-system heat pumps and package ACs and HPs. Also... consider getting a system that uses R-410A refrigerant. R-22 systems are about to go out of production. (But the higher efficiency models will probably all be R-410A.)

Tax credit details:


Last edited on Fri Jun 26th, 2009 07:28 pm by Wordpix John

 Close Window