View single post by mike46142
 Posted: Fri Jun 26th, 2009 10:47 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
mike46142

Mana: 

I heard about the muster too late and wasn't able to attend.
Sounds like a good time was had by all though.

I have read Noe's book a couple times.  It is a really good book about the battle.
A must read for any Perryville fanatic!

I was at home doing some work and getting things ready for the release of our book titled A Dark and Bloody Ground: Sowing the Wind. 
Our book
chronicles the week of October 4 - 7, 1862, when the State of Kentucky lay in the balances as vast foraging armies swept the country side; soldiers from the North and from the South fighting and dying, staining Kentucky’s soil with their blood. The reader witnesses these events through the eyes of seven protagonists, four Southern and three Northern. This novel for the first time brings to life such historical figures as George Thomas, Leonidas Polk, Phil Sheridan and Patrick Cleburne, to name but a few. The events of this week changed the lives of these men and the State of Kentucky forever!

I really like this! It’s much more fun than ‘The Killer Angels.’ It’s a real page turner. It puts you right there.”                                                                                  --Kurt Holman, Manager, Perryville Battlefield State Historic Site

Yes, Kurt got a chance to read our manuscript.

Our next book will be all about the battle.  We hope to have that one released about the same time next year.

We have a Facebook Fan Page set up for the book.  Our Website won't be up and running until mid-July.

Click HERE to go to our Facebook page and add us as a friend!