View single post by CoryB
 Posted: Thu Jul 16th, 2009 03:46 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
CoryB
Buford Trooper

Mana: 

Oh, my apologies. They were actually EVP recordings. I didn't hear anything with my own ear. I know it's not proper "practice" to stop a recording device and listen for playback during the investigation, but I opperate a little differently. I let the recorder record for about 30 seconds to a minute after I ask a question. I ask about five questions, then I listen to them quick to see if there is a response.

In this instance I was able to hear "Walter," or at least what I thought was Walter, which is what prompted me to ask "Did you say Walter?"

I know that this isn't a preferred technique and risks missing something, but it's just the way I do it. I think having a direct response to questions is more substantial evidence as opposed to a raondom EVP. Although I just got a K2 Meter, so maybe now I'll be able to just leave the Voice Recorder Running, while using the K2 to act as the conversation barrier.

I try to go to Gettysburg at least twice a year, so maybe one time we can try to get an Investigation going. How far from Gettysburg is Mullica Hill?