|View single post by Steven Cone|
|Posted: Thu Sep 14th, 2006 08:22 pm||
1. Why didn't Hood order up Lee's Corps and the artillery sooner? Did Lee's absence affect the eventual outcome?
Pherhaps he thought they werent needed.. Hood Did have artillery with him.. And they were used .
3. Did an angry John Bell Hood "punish" Cheatham, Cleburne, and their men for their supposed failings when attacking breastworks?
4. If he didn't punish his men, why DID Hood attack?
I think he though it was last chance to catch before nashville
5. Why did Wagner decide to stay in an advanced position despite overwhelming odds?
It would be ones duty as Soldier to obey orders. And thats what he did
6. Why did the Carter family remain in their house on the front lines?
They were told that more than likely there would be no battle ..
& when the bullets started flying it was to late to get out of the way..
9. Featherston's Brigade took massive casualties in a railroad cut from enfilading artillery fire. Was there any way to avoid this?
Not knowing the area and the lack time caused this.
11. Opdycke suggested after the war that he beat CONFEDERATE soldiers over the head with a pistol, rather than just his own Union stragglers. Was he telling the truth?
I would say so..
13. John Adams and his brigade were being slaughtered as they attempted to cross the Osage orange barrier. Adams suddenly spurred his horse to the left, finding an opening in the trees. As he galloped toward the Union line both he and his horse were shot. Where did Adams and his horse fall? Within or without the Union lines?
It was on top of the works