View single post by TimK
 Posted: Mon Aug 24th, 2009 01:18 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
TimK

Mana: 

To play devil's advocate...

The man served his time in prison for the crimes that he committed. He lost all his money (at least he filed for bankruptcy). He went on 60 Minutes and faced the music to the entire nation. Are there some crimes that once paid for do not lend themselves to a second chance? Is it not possible, that with this second chance, he may be able to do good with the millions that he has the opportunity to make?

Personally, I don't know if I could be the man to give him a second chance. I don't think if he signed with the Broncos (like we don't have enough problems) it would have gone over too well in Denver. I look at my dog and think of what Vick did as heinous and nauseating. But maybe, possibly, with his experiences and celebrity, maybe he can change a life. I think maybe before we condemn the man to hell, we wait a couple years and see what he does with this second opportunity.

And...if my wife ever relented and let me get Sunday Ticket...well, I would never let her know I now hated the team that was the sole reason for the subscription.

Close Window