View single post by Old Sorrel
 Posted: Wed Sep 16th, 2009 08:08 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Old Sorrel

Mana: 

Great topic javil1,

My 1st neck hair moment was when I 1st visited Gettysburg....more specifically Pickett's charge......I have done so much reading about the CW and Gettysburg....the readings of so many 1st accounts on that battlefield......and when I finally stood at the angle and stared at that field....recalling everything I read about it made my hair stand up and a chill ran down my back. To think I was actually standing in a field where so many brave fell was overwhelming to me......a couple of months after that I went back.....this time I brought a tablet with all the readings from the soldiers that fought there.......I planted a chair in the middle of pickets charge and read about the pickets charge from the words of the soldiers themselves......and yes...it happened again....hairs stood up and chills down the back.

I find that this happens quite often with me.....I read all these books and then when I finally get to visit all these battlefields....it happens again. I feel if I keep the passion....and keep up the reading......it will keep happening.

Close Window