View single post by Unionblue
 Posted: Fri Nov 27th, 2009 12:30 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Unionblue

Mana: 

Marmaduke wrote: I am from Denmark, we have a monarch chief executive, and have not had civil war for almost 500 years. We now have democratic bicameral legislature similar to America, but I do not know how it work with a democratic chief executive. In the American Civil War, people started to dissent in response to the choice of new president. But I am not asking about meeting with the legislature before his coronation: I am only asking about giving them notice in advance of it so that they will be there when he first take office.
I ask if he can do this, and if it is required when there is emergency like it stated in the American Constitution. There is time period between election and coronation, so I ask what is the process for when emergency happens between these two events, and the previous president does not want to call the congress, but elected president does. Must he give advance notice to the congress, or can he simply inform them whenever he want: even not at all?

Marmaduke,

Thank you for the above information and explanation.

Please bear with me just a bit more.

I read that in Denmark in the fall of 2008 rumors persisted that Ander Fogh Rasmussen, the Prime Minister of Denmark, desired to become the head of NATO.  On April 4, 2009 Ander Fough Rasmussen confirmed that he wished to become the head of NATO.  After some debate and deliberation, Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen resigned and left the Minister for Finance and Vice President of Venstre Lars Lokke Rasmussen to be the new Prime Minister of Denmark.

My question is, did Lars Lokke Rasmussen give any advance warning to the Danish parliament that he needed to have them in session when the former PM (Ander Fogh Rasmussen) had rumors circulating in the fall of 2008 that he might resign if he got to be the head of NATO?  Even if he was absolutely certain that he was to become the new PM, would he had been able to call parliament into session?

I would appreciate your opinion on the above.

Sincerely,

Unionblue

Last edited on Fri Nov 27th, 2009 12:31 am by Unionblue