View single post by borderuffian
 Posted: Mon Feb 15th, 2010 05:42 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
borderuffian

Mana: 

javal1 wrote: "If people that say the confederate flag symbolizes hate then they just dont have any sense at all."

Some of us are old enough to remember the KKK beating and lynching blacks while carrying the flag. I still see it carried by white supremacists. Not once have I ever seen the SCV, UDC or other person so concerned about their heritage confront these idiots. Why?

You can blame the NAACP all you want, but much of the hate symbolism now associated with the flag comes from the inaction (and actions) of Southerners themselves.

"Some of us are old enough to remember the KKK beating and lynching blacks while carrying the flag."

I've never seen this.  Are you referring to a photo or were you witness to a lynching?  Please show us some examples otherwise I count this as just another shot of disinformation on the subject.

"I still see it carried by white supremacists."

They also carry the United States flag and have Christian crosses on their 'uniforms.'

"Not once have I ever seen the SCV, UDC or other person so concerned about their heritage confront these idiots. Why?"

Could it be they might get shot?

But I haven't seen anyone representing US veteran/heritage organizations confronting them about their using the US flag either.

The official flag of the Klan is the United States flag.

Anyone want to volunteer to tell these folks to take down their flag?-

Last edited on Mon Feb 15th, 2010 07:10 pm by borderuffian

Close Window