View single post by borderuffian
 Posted: Tue Feb 16th, 2010 12:38 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
borderuffian

Mana: 

pamc153PA wrote: I understand the importance a person's heritage plays in his/her personal views. And it is never my intention to try to tell anyone their feelings about their personal history are wrong. But when you are dealing with something as inflamatory as the CBF, Southern heritage, slavery, etc., you must be aware that there are two sides to this--otherwise why would you bring this to a "discussion?" I wouldn't think you would assume everyone would agree with you, even if we were all of Southern heritage like you. But you are acting that way, sorry to say, csamillerp.

It pisses me off to no end that my own CW ancestors in the 153rd PA in the XI Corps got the false reputation as a "damn, lazy Dutchman," not once but twice blamed for a failure to hold the flank when that failure really was that of the commanders. But I also know that when I come here to discuss, there are others who don't see it that way, and so instead of having a hissy fit (temper tantrum) when someone says something I don't like about my "heritage," I come prepared with facts, to discuss, not stamp my feet and cry foul.

borderruffian, I'm thinking you just want a fight, and so nothing will convince you. Joe was pretty much right. Unless you want to discuss and give facts, save your energy.

Pam

When you know you are right you don't give in...

{The 153rd PA were..}
           )(_         #%$#

Close Window