View single post by 19bama46
 Posted: Sat Feb 20th, 2010 04:42 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
19bama46

Mana: 

TimK wrote: Bama - if it is any consolation, I pay attention to what you say.

Personally, I think it may be too late. There are too many ignorant morons out there that think that the Bugs Bunny cartoon is the actual account of the Civil War. Without historical knowledge, the only way most people have seen the flag is as a symbol of hate. Way, WAY too bad. Just an opinion.

But this had me thinking. Since people want to pay respect to their southern heritage, which there does not seem to be a problem with, why not fly the Stars and Bars and not the CBF?

I do. I live in Springfield, Illinois, hometown of Abraham Lincoln, and I own a business here. I do not fly the CBF, except in my home, but I do fly a 1st national on my vehicle, along with the Stars N Stripes. Most people have no idea what it is and when someone asks, I get to do a history lesson...

IMHO the 1st National is a  good flag to fly. Most of the CBF were used by the ANV, not all, but most. Of course,there were units from all the states represented in the ANV, but the 1st National, Hardee's Pattern, and others  continued to be used in many other units.

Close Window