View single post by IrishBrigade
 Posted: Wed Mar 31st, 2010 10:23 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
IrishBrigade

Mana: 

Thanks for the pointers, I've next week off work so I'm going to try and nail down dates, June being the most likely, I'm going to try and see as much as I can so it might be up to 14 days with Washington being the most likely starting point. I've been to the US several times but have never drove on the other side of the road, something which always put me off, also your traffic police seem to be a lot more active then ours(wouldn't be hard).

I've found some very helpful websites which I'll post as soon as I amalgamate them all and have applied for a lot of the free guides that some of the touristy places will post for free. 

Car rental seems very reasonable, do you have to return it with a full tank? It seems to cost more to drop it off at an airport?  Is the speed limit 55 even on interstates? That's a shocking 20 mph's lower then here and speed limits are roundly ignored in this country.

I also have to determine my end point, quite possibly Richmond at the moment but that would mean a very non direct flight home where in Washington I can fly direct back to Dublin, big difference at the end of a couple of weeks hard sight seeing.

No problems with walking lots, I have two dogs and love to walk especially on holidays, last year I walked the Las Vegas strip from start to finish and back again in serious heat(for me anyway).

Attached is a nice map from Hallowed ground.org for starters.

PS Is sat nav a must or are the signposts etc reasonably easy to follow?

Attachment: jthg-map-2008-print-version.pdf (Downloaded 1 time)

Close Window