View single post by susansweet3
 Posted: Tue Aug 24th, 2010 02:11 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
susansweet3

Mana: 

The civil War Chat room group went to Bardstown as headquarters and then did Perryville , up to Lexington to see The Todd house , and some of us went to Richmond. That is Richmond Kentucky . It was a great trip . Some of us on the way home went to Mill Springs where Zollicoffer was killed and Cumberland Gap. Blue and Gray has a magazine on both Perryville and Richmond. The Richmond one was brand new when we last year. The are several other places to visit in the area. would be a great trip. The Stephen Foster place is hoaky . I skipped the house tour and wish I had skipped the musical. Waste of money as far as I was concerned. Friends that went to Bardstown later went into the home and turned around and left . There is an inn in the town square area that is an old old inn and the food is wonderful.

Oh and not too far away also is Hodgenville and the cabin in the shrine where Lincoln was born. Not the real cabin they have found out since the shrine was built but worth the trip.
Tebb's Bend is around there too. Where Morgan did some raiding on July 4, 1963. Does this help Captain ?
Susan

Close Window