View single post by ASefton
 Posted: Fri Nov 12th, 2010 08:54 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
ASefton

Mana: 

J.T. and Mary Angeline had 2 children, Harriet Permelia b. 8 July 1852 in Dade Co., married Robert Archer and lived in Moran, KS. They had a large family.   James Robert  b. 16 Nov. 1856 married Sarah Cordelia Morris in Dade Co. and lived in Dade, Lawrence and Jasper Cos., Mo.  They had 9 children.  Mary Angeline lived with her children alternating every 6 months after the death of her brother and sister.  She apparently confided in my great uncle, Volney who never betrayed her secrets.  J.R. did tell a story of his father returning during the war (probably in 1863) when they were living with his grandfather, Robert D. McMillen.  According to this legend, J.T. and Mary met at the yard gate where they talked for two hours, after which J.T. rode off and was never heard from again.   There was also a photo of J.T. which survived into the 20th Century which was last in the hands of a cousin in Vinita, OK.  The Dr. A.E. Cearnal in Texas is known to be related.  J.T. had 2 sisters who both married Condrays in Anderson Co., TX.  J.T. was their guardian following the death of his father and probably misappropriated their inheritance to buy land in Dade Co.,which he lost in March 1856.  Again, thanks for answering....I have looked for this old bird for 50+years and continue to find info but never anything on his whereabouts after the CW.  The upside is I have learned a great deal about the War in the Trans-Mississippi Dept.

Amanda

Close Window