View single post by Basiliximab
 Posted: Sun Nov 14th, 2010 06:29 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Basiliximab

Mana: 

I have the dates pretty much planned out, just not the exact locations. I'm planning for a week in early May to Gettysburg and the Fredericksburg/Chancellorsville area; perhaps I'll try to fit Antietam in there since it's not too incredibly far. Just returned from a trip to Gettysburg in October; didn't expect to like it as much as I did (expected it to be too "touristy"). I'll definitely be going back there frequently (like to avoid the touristy times as much as possible. The weather was kind of "bad" when I was there [rainy/cool]. But I loved it! I'm hoping it kept the crowds down).

In October I also went to Fredericksburg/Chancellorsville, and I thought there was a fair amount left (Chancellorsville moreso than Fredericksburg, but then I spent more time in C. and hurried through F--that's why I'm definitely going to have to go back and take more time there). The last time I was in the area was about 15 years ago (and I don't remember it too well since I was with others who weren't much into it as I am), so I'm not sure if is really different or anything. This time I went by myself; I was kind of thinking I might feel "alone" or something--but I didn't feel that way at all. Actually I was glad not to have anyone else there; it was the best vacation yet!

Close Window