View single post by Fuller
 Posted: Thu Nov 2nd, 2006 06:14 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Fuller
E Pluribus Unum

Mana: 

I was born in '77.  I have lived all over and in doing so, I have had the opportunity to visit many battlefields/forts.  My interest sparked while in the 4th grade.  My class took a trip to Ft. Casper, Wyo.  My dad and I started re-enacting together when I was 11.   I loved dressing up like Scarlet O'Hara and he loved his gun.  I would churn butter with the other "civilians" and he would go off to fight.  I especially loved it when I got a little older and they would let me particiapate in nursing the wounded.  I always giggled as a kid whenever I would say "Happy Christmas" instead of "Merry Christmas" at the Christmas candlelight tours for Living History.

My GGGrandpa was with the 78th Ohio.  I have starred at his tin type photo for years.  He looks so sharp in his uniform.  I didn't realize until recently just how many battles he fought in.  He lived through some very tough campaings.  I take pride in that.  My family is lucky in that we have a lot of his relics from the war.  I am learning all I can about him and the war in genreal.

I loved visiting Gettysburg and Vicksburg.  It was neat even to a 12 year old girl to see a memorial stone for my Grandpa's regiment.  I have many fond memories of Fort Casper and Fort Laramie, Wyo.  I thank my dad for instilling the importance of knowledge in me.

Close Window