View single post by pender
 Posted: Thu Aug 4th, 2011 12:57 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
pender

Mana: 

Seriously wrote: It seems that all we care about is the past. Joining the SCV, telling of what my family went through, and or "pissing and moaning" about what the North did to our country. What does it really matter when we allow them to do it? When do we get serious and have the passion of a Jeff Davis after all other avenues have been exhausted. Didn't our President say that even though we lost the war the issues of the war will come back again? Aren't they here? NO! I'm not advocating something horrible but can't we be much more outspoken than only speaking on discussion boards inside websites that only we read?
I say "Jeff was Right!" Will we really rise again?

Seriously, I really like this Discussion Board. That is why I am here to discuss the the war of 1861-1865. Talk about my ancestors that fought in the war. I do believe the title of this board is Civil War Interactive Discussion Board. That is what we do around here, since I have been on. Yes some of us like football. But how does liking football turn one northern? I and my family is as southern as they come. But if you want to get down to it. My good ol southern ancestors served beside some good northern ones in WW1, WW2, Korea and Vietnam. Proud to be an American, and southern by the grace of God. Yes I believe Jefferson Davis was right. So do I believe that the cause the average confederate soldier fought for was right. But the issue was settled by force one hundred and fifty years ago. After the war most southerners swore allegiance back to the United States. I do believe history shows that they paid in blood in all of this countrys wars to give you the right to have free speech in what you believe.

Pender

Close Window