View single post by Sarah Elizabeth
 Posted: Mon Nov 13th, 2006 01:01 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Sarah Elizabeth

Mana: 

Patty,

I can well appreciate your comment about books stacked up on the bedside table, the floor beside the living room chair, etc!  That's pretty much the story of my life...and the picture of my house right now, too!

Reading is my passion and I have several books which I've recently picked up.  The one I'm reading right now is "The Belle of Washington" by Eleanor Harper Shumaker.  It's about the life of Kate Chase Sprague.  It's one of those books that draws the reader into the story from the first page.  If you want to know what life was like in Washington D.C. during the Civil War, I highly recommend this book.

My list of recent arrivals includes:

"Civil War Stories" by Catherine Clinton

"Voices From The House Divided" by Glenn Linden & Thomas Pressly

"Co. Aytch" by Sam R. Watkins

"Marriage and Morals Among the Victorians" by Gertrude Himmelfarb

"Hard Tack and Coffee" by John D. Billings

"Dixie Betrayed" by David J. Eicher

"The Victorian Celebration of Death" by James Stevens Curl

As you can see, I have plenty of "good reads" to keep me busy.  Along with the Civil War, I'm fascinated by the entire Victorian era.  My library contains many, many volumes about 19th century history.  I can also relate to "so many books, so little shelf space!"  My seventh book case has just been filled! My goal for the winter months is to organize all of my books by topic...My goals are frequently unfulfilled!:?

This is a subject near and dear to my heart.  Thanks for starting a new post about it!

Regards,

Sarah

Close Window