View single post by ole
 Posted: Tue Dec 20th, 2011 05:09 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
ole

Mana: 

I'd much rather have had one of your photos than what I got: The Battle of the Crater by Newt Gingrich and that other fellow. (The kids have in-laws they spend Christmas with, as do I.)

But I did appreciate the entire series of Bullwinkle and Rocky. It shows some thinking, which I've been kvetching about ever since the kids started to say what they would like (via drawing names).

Christmas, to me, is thinking and loving. Except when the children gave me a meat slicer and I eat way too much jerky. (But it also slices nice chips.) Problem with that is I have to clean it and put it away within two weeks. Otherwise, she who must be obeyed tends to get banshee on me.

I don't ever tell them what I want, and they get peeved that I won't play the game. If they are to give me a present, I want them to think. If they think wrong, big deal. They thought.

Mrs. Ole, got another music player. She has about four now, and she doesn't much have tme to listen. But the thought was there. And the thought is where it ought to be.

On the way out, I do hope you all have a blessed Christmas and get a paid week off.

Close Window