View single post by susansweet
 Posted: Sat Dec 2nd, 2006 07:05 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
susansweet

Mana: 

Patty and Tom  General Ord's grandson (or great grandson not sure) is a member of our Cvil War Round Table here in Huntington Beach.  He lives in Fountain Valley. For reenactments here in California he reenacts his grandfather.  We all call him General Ord .  Interesting man.  He has  a cane that belonged to the other General Ord and I believe his sword. 

The closest I come to a Civil War site is every Wednesday and Tomorrow when I go down to Wilmington to the Drum Barracks and work in the junior oficers quarters .  The only wooden building left of the Civil War  60 acre military site.  The home of the Camels . 

We are having our Christmas open house along with the Banning House down the street tomorrow and Sunday.   The 116th Pennsylvani Company D and The Berdan Sharpshooters will set up encampment on the lawn.  The Sanitary Commission will be there Sunday and Mrs. Thaddeus Lowe will share information on her husbands balloon corps. 

A horse drawn red trolly will take visitors between the two sites  We will also will have period music in the parlor .  Wish you all could come visit .

Susan

Close Window