View single post by kiddycar
 Posted: Thu Dec 28th, 2006 05:20 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
kiddycar

Mana: 

Dave,

Although I consider myself a student of the Civil War, I never gave much thought to the subject of Sutler's.  Although I was familiar with the term, I had no idea they played so a prominent and important role in the Civil War.

Your post was enlightening, insightful, interesting, engaging and of course, educational.  You obviously are well versed on this subject and, I am sure, other subjects as well.

I am an officer in a cemetery association in Allentown, PA.  The Union and West End Cemetery is the final resting place for 715 Union Civil War veterans.  I created a web site to commemorate those Union warriors that are enterred in the cemetery.  You can find it here:

http://www.rootsweb.com/~paalncem/

I also have created a cemetery blog which covers the cemetery's history, current events, fund raising activities and such.  However, it also is a place where I attempt to bring the veterans that lie in repose in the cemetery to life; relating their war experiences and information about them after the war.

From time to time I include Civil War information unrelated to the cemetery.  I was fascinated by your post on "sutler's" and would like your permission to use excerpts from it in a future post on the cemetery blog.  I would, of course, give you full credit on the blog for any portions that I use.

Not sure exactly when I would use the material, but sometime in the not too distant future, if you grant permission.

Thanks for enlightening me!

Everette Carr

Allentown, PA 

Close Window