View single post by ole
 Posted: Sat Jan 6th, 2007 08:16 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
ole

Mana: 

I would also be interested in what changed PGT's initial aggressive nature at Shiloh to one of let's get back to Corinth asap.

Tim:

I believe Doc was referring to Bo's heebie-jeebies on the 5th when he was convinced that the Yanks were waiting for him. About then is when ASJ is reported to have said, "I would fight them if they were a million." (On second thought, maybe not.

In that statement at least, AEJ resumed command of the Confederate forces. I believe it was in Daniel's book that I first became aware that AEJ allowed too much authority to pass through his fingers to Bo. Examples: (Bear with me, I'm working off a geriatric memory here.) Bo is allowed to rename his forces the Army of Mississippi and assume equal status with ASJ. Bo gets away with changing ASJ's intentions into a cumbersome, unworkable, foolish plan of attack (nemmine that his aide composed the incomprehensible orders). Other than all that, Bo did a reasonably decent job on the 6th once he found out where he was and located the scattered commanders.

Ole

Last edited on Sat Jan 6th, 2007 08:18 pm by ole

Close Window